WHAT IS The Gospel Story Curriculum?
The Gospel Story Curriculum presents key stories from Genesis to Revelation, highlighting God’s plan of redemption in a way that’s engaging, interactive, and easy to understand.
This unique curriculum helps children grow over the course of 3 years, teaching them to explore the same Bible stories at three different learning levels. Machowski presents the material in a fresh way each time, allowing kids to see the Bible through a lens of redemptive history.
Who is the author?
Best-selling children’s author Marty Machowski knows children need help understanding the Bible as one story with Jesus as the hero. That’s why he created The Gospel Story Curriculum—giving kids in preschool to sixth grade a clear picture of Jesus.
THIS UNIQUE CURRICULUM IS:
- Biblically Driven—covering the Old Testament historical books, the life of Christ, the birth and growth of the church, and lessons from the book of Revelation.
- God-Centered—magnifying God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture.
- Christ Exalting—glorifying Christ as the pinnacle of God’s redemptive plan
- Gospel Saturated—pointing children to Christ as the only way of salvation
- Family Focused—uniting the family around the same passage of Scripture each Sunday and throughout the week
Gospel Story Curriculum is designed to magnify God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture. We can better understand who He is and how we are to respond to Him by studying how His redemptive plan has unfolded and how He has used men to accomplish His purposes. Over a three-year period, this curriculum covers the entire narrative of God's redemptive plan.
The Gospel story Curriculum IS BROKEN DOWN INTO THREE LEVELS:
- Preschool Lessons: In the preschool curriculum, three- to five-year-old children are introduced to God's big plan of salvation in Jesus Christ as they learn key Bible stories. Each lesson equips teachers to bring Christ to preschoolers with the help of a lesson snapshot, simple object lessons, coloring sheets, and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Lower Elementary Lessons: Designed for first- to third-grade children, the lower elementary curriculum takes a more detailed look at how each of these Bible stories connects to the gospel. Through age-appropriate object lessons, activities, and coloring sheets, teachers can help young elementary school children see Christ in the Old and New Testament.
- Upper Elementary Lessons: The developing minds of fourth- to sixth-grade children are challenged to search the Bible through engaging activities. Using the same story content as the lower elementary curriculum, the upper elementary curriculum utilizes different activities and object lessons suitable for nine to twelve-year old kids. Reviewing the now-familiar Bible stories, older children will gain a deeper understanding of redemption in Christ as they begin to study Scripture for themselves.
Gospel Story Curriculum is set up as a “unified curriculum” for this very reason. Every week, children in each age range learn from the same passage of Scripture in a way that is appropriate for their respective age levels. A unified curriculum enables families to discuss one passage together each week, reinforcing the lesson that children have learned in Sunday School.